Help Invent the Future!
Join the OAR Registry
The Older Adult Research (OAR) registry is a database managed by the Center for Gerontology to connect researchers with adults (age 50+) willing to take part in research studies. By enrolling in the OAR registry, you are indicating your interest in participating in studies conducted by Virginia Tech.
Opportunities may come available to participate in studies that focus on individual health, computer use and technology, family relationships and caregiving, community services, housing, and transportation. Selection for each study will be based on information you provide at registration. If you are selected, it will be your decision as to whether or not you decide to participate.
You do not need to be a resident of the New River Valley to enroll in the OAR!
All adults (age 50+) are invited to enroll!
Click here to enroll now!
OR contact us at 540-231-7657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1977-78, the Center for Gerontology serves as the organizational unit and focal point for aging-related activities at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. The Center's primary mission is to foster and facilitate multidisciplinary research that enhances the quality of life of older adults. In support of this mission, the Center focuses primarily on three streams of coordinated research: Family Gerontology, Health and Aging, and Elder Rights. More...
The Center is the administrative unit for the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, a Program of Merit as designated by the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education.
- Rosemary Blieszner takes office as president of Gerontological Society of America
- Spring Research Forum Developing International Research Partners: The Aging Men and Health Collaboration, March 4, 3:00-4:00, Fralin Auditorium
- Housing faculty members win national award
- Tina Savla elected Fellow in Gerontological Society of America
- Virginia Department of Transportation Mature Driver Study 2013
- Center named as advisory board member of the newly launched, Institute for Innovations in Caregiving
- Center Collaborates with the New River Valley Home Consortium
- Center Affiliates Establish Partnership with Korea's Jeju Development Institute