Help Invent the Future!
Join the OAR Registry
The Older Adult Research (OAR) registry is a database managed by the Center for Gerontology to connect researchers with adults (age 50+) willing to take part in research studies. By enrolling in the OAR registry, you are indicating your interest in participating in studies conducted by Virginia Tech.
Opportunities may come available to participate in studies that focus on individual health, computer use and technology, family relationships and caregiving, community services, housing, and transportation. Selection for each study will be based on information you provide at registration. If you are selected, it will be your decision as to whether or not you decide to participate.
You do not need to be a resident of the New River Valley to enroll in the OAR!
All adults (age 50+) are invited to enroll!
Click here to enroll now!
OR contact us at 540-231-7657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1977-78, the Center for Gerontology serves as the organizational unit and focal point for aging-related activities at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. The Center's primary mission is to foster and facilitate multidisciplinary research that enhances the quality of life of older adults. In support of this mission, the Center focuses primarily on three streams of coordinated research: Family Gerontology, Health and Aging, and Elder Rights. More...
The Center is the administrative unit for the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology.
- Center for Gerontology Fall 2014, Winter 2015 newsletter
- Karen A. Roberto will conduct online course Elder Abuse, Care and Resilience
- University's First Lady works in tenured track in Center for Gerontology
- Toni M. Calasanti appointed to United Nations' International Institute on Ageing board
- Laura P. Sands joins Center for Gerontology
- Pamela B. Teaster joins Center for Gerontology
- Researchers study whether DVD-delivered fitness plan helps at-risk older adults
- Center Faculty Affiliate Irene Leech honored by Consumer Federation of America for lifetime of service to consumers
- Former Center for Gerontology Advisory Board member is first female rector of Virginia Tech Board of Visitors